– In a mixing bowl, combine minced pork, wood ear mushroom, spring onion, noodles, black pepper, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, beaten egg and mix well
– Stuff the above filling into the melons
– Bring the water to a boil in a pot on high heat
– Add the stuffed bitter melons
– Turn heat down to reach a low boil, simmer for 20-30 minutes until bitter melons are fork-tender.
– Remove bitter melons and cut into half or into 3 smaller portions to your wish. You can leave the melon as a whole
– Garnish with coriander and black pepper
– Serve hot with steam rice
- Do not cover the lid while simmering to keep the green colour of the melons
- To make the soup more delicious, use the pork/chicken broth instead of water
- You can use a steamed spring onions to tie the melons after stuffing
- For vegetarian version, replace meat by tofu (Crumble white tofu to mix with other ingredients)
You must be logged in to post a comment.