– Pan fry mackerel cutlets with one tablespoon of cooking oil until golden brown, set aside on the plate with oil-soaking paper
– Use the same pan, add in a bit more cooking oil (about 1/2 tablespoon), add garlic and fry until fragrant. Then add in diced tomatoes and stir well on medium heat.
– Add in 1 teaspoon fish sauce, a pinch of brown sugar to the tomatoes, stir well and simmer until tender. Add in 2 tablespoons of water
– Add in fried mackerel cutlets and continue to simmer until boiling. Then turn the cutlets and simmer for another 5\’
– Finally, taste again to your liking and add in spring onions and black pepper
– Garnish with coriander/dill and chillies
– Serve hot with steamed rice
- You can choose any fish cutlets other than mackerel
- For Vegetarian version, use fried tofu instead of fish and vegetarian fish sauce
You must be logged in to post a comment.