Vietnamese Recipes – Mi Quang noodles with shrimp and pork – Mì Quảng
Mi Quang noodles –is one of popular dishes of Quang Nam province in Vietnam with crunchy chewy chicken , pork , shrimp, the tangy smell of mints , herbs and vegetables , taste of the meat and peanut oil , the aroma of peanuts that have became delicious dish of the Central. This food has less broth than pho bo, bun bo , bun rieu . ..
1. Pork small ribs : wash and chop into small pieces about 3 x 3cm , marinate with 2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon sugar or 15 minutes
2. Shrimps : wash and cut the head
3. Chicken fillet : wash and slice into small pieces about 3cm
4. Mix all shrimps and chicken fillet into a pan , 1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic , 1 tablespoon red shallots and marinate for 15 minutes .
5. Wash carefully mints, herbs, bean sprout and broccoli , sliced banana flower then drain
7. Peanuts : roast and chop slowly by using a pestle and mortar
HOW TO COOK
1. Heat 1 teaspoon cooking oil , fry 1 tablespoon red shallot until fragrant and stir – fry the pork ribs in a pan for 2 minutes , then pour about 1000 ml coconut water and 200 ml water bring to boil for 30 minutes. Then use a tablespoon to take pork ribs into a big bowl , the soup is still in the pan .
2. Heat 1 tablespoon cooking oil in a large pan over medium heat, fry the shrimps, chicken fillet and cook for 10 minutes .
3. Clean a pan and heat 1 tablespoon annatto oil and add pork ribs, chicken and shrimps , cook for 10 minutes until they are become red , add 1 tablespoon fish sauce and cook for a further 10 minutes over low heat. Remove the mixture from the pan
4. Pour the stock in a pan and simmer for 10 minutes , remove the heat and add 1 tablespoon annatto oil .
To serve , blanch the fresh rice noodles in hot water and place them in one half of the bowl , then place spring onion, herbs, mints, bean sprout, broccoli , then distribute the pork, shrimps, chicken , pour the soup over the noodles , scatter with the peanuts and black pepper.
Serve with the mixture of 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic, 1 sliced chilli and 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Fresh Rice noodles or mi quang is sold in some Vietnamese markets not supermarkets. This noodle is used in a day like rice vermicelli, fresh pho noodles