Vietnamese Recipes – Sweet fresh lima bean soup with jasmine – Chè đậu ngự tươi với hoa lài
Just image you and your husband go home from work or your children come home after school , every come back home and enjoy a glass of sweet lima beans with fragrance of jasmine . What a beautiful day!
Lima beans are a very good source of cholesterol-lowering fiber, as are most other legumes. In addition to lowering cholesterol, lima beans’ high fiber content prevents blood sugar levels from rising too rapidly after a meal, making these beans an especially good choice for individuals with diabetes, insulin resistance or hypoglycemia.
HOW TO COOK
- Lima beans : bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes , then remove from the heat . Pour into a colander and remove hard shell on the outside, and then removed the membrane outside the husks.
- Pour water into the pan and add lime beans simmer for 5 minutes then add sugar , sugar has dissolved, your taste is slightly sweet.
- Fresh lima beans are soft quickly . Beans are absorbent by sugar , remove from the heat.
- This sweet soup is easy to cook, but beans are still intact, soft but not crushed and absorbent sweetness of sugar, pure liquid and tasted jasmine
- Let it cool and put into the fridge with jasmine before serving .
Serve warm in small soup bowls or in tall glasses over ice on a hot day!
- If using dry beans, you remember to soak beans one night in cold water before cooking because dry beans are stiffer than fresh beans
- jasmine flowers can be replace by jasmine oil